Sunday 31 May 2015

[Book Review] The final part of the original trilogy The Mortal Instrumenst (it became a hexalogy, so ...)

Name: City of Glass
Author: Cassandra Clare
Pages: 541 
Series: The Mortal Instruments (3/6)
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry Books
Published date: March 24th, 2009

Description:
Love is a mortal sin, and the secrets of the past are deadly. Plunge into the third installment in the internationally bestselling Mortal Instruments series and "prepare to be hooked" ("Entertainment Weekly"). To save her mother's life, Clary must travel to the City of Glass, the ancestral home of the Shadowhunters--never mind that entering the city without permission is against the Law, and breaking the Law could mean death. To make things worse, she learns that Jace does not want her there, and Simon has been thrown in prison by the Shadowhunters, who are deeply suspicious of a vampire who can withstand sunlight. As Clary uncovers more about her family's past, she finds an ally in mysterious Shadowhunter Sebastian. With Valentine mustering the full force of his power to destroy all Shadowhunters forever, their only chance to defeat him is to fight alongside their eternal enemies. But can Downworlders and Shadowhunters put aside their hatred to work together? While Jace realizes exactly how much he's willing to risk for Clary, can she harness her newfound powers to help save the Glass City--whatever the cost? Love is a mortal sin and the secrets of the past prove deadly as Clary and Jace face down Valentine in the third installment of bestselling series the Mortal Instruments.


My opinion:
I have read City of Glass for twice and I think it's the best part of whole series (except last one, I haven't read it)! Why is it so? Because the story was full of actions, the new disclosures which make a reader really suprised! Also the story was exciting that I turned every page so fast because I wanted to know what will happen next.And what I want to say is, that the book was full of jokes and sarcasm which are things why I love Cassie's style of the writing! Characters and relationships between them were developing, too. And I think everybody will love these Cassie' decision, obviosly between Clary and Jace. During the reading I changed some opinions on some characters. For example, I don't like Jocelyn, although I liked her in the first book. Also I changed my opinion about Jace - one of the main characters. He started to irritated me with his feelings. And the same with Clary. They were really crazy and annoying! However I still like them, I like them less than before. In the book was one really important character which I didn't like. Because of spoiler I won't tell you who it was. And what pertain to Magnus and Alec, fans who like them will be really happy. Therefore I was. The place where whole book was happening was in Idris. Cassandra described the city as really beautiful and during the readinf I felt like I want to live there, too. But there was one thing I hate don't like about whole Shadowhunters' world. That's the Clave! They were so cruel and so venal! For me as a reader it was horrible like they cooperated with Valentine (the main villain). But as a big percentage of the books, this one also ended with happy end. And yeah, I was happy for that but it ended not openly like the author used to. So, aftre first raeding I was like: What will be other books about? And I was really worried, if she wouldn't damage whole series with it. But now I know I wasn't right, so I highly recommend other parts of the series, too! :)
And I'll tell you a few words about a cover of the book! I think this one isn't the most beautiful. And also the cover isn't one of my favourite, although the book is my favourite. But I think it's nice as an other book covers of the series.

My rating: 5/5*

Cover is from Goodreads.

2 comments: